Frequently Asked Questions
- GENERAL - Can I add the DynaMe system to my bike?
- GENERAL - What is the difference between eVox electric bikes and other electric bikes on the market?
- GENERAL - How does the extended warranty work?
- GENERAL - How long have you been making electric bikes?
- GENERAL - Why is the maximum speed only 32 km/h?
- GENERAL - Can I leave my eVox outside during winter, too?
- GENERAL - Can the eVox be used when it’s raining?
- GENERAL - Can my bike be repaired by any bicycle dealer?
- BATTERY - Do you have to wait until the battery is completely dead before recharging it?
- BATTERY - Why is the recharge time so short?
- BATTERY - Does using my battery in the winter damage it?
- BATTERY - What is the lifespan of my eVox battery?
- BATTERY - How can I increase the range of my battery?
- BATTERY - What happens if I lose the keys to lock the battery? Can I make copies?
- MOTOR - Why do you need to pedal before the motor will start?
- MOTOR - Can I obtain a more powerful motor?
- MOTOR - What maintenance do I have to perform on the motor?
- DISPLAY - Are eVox displays interchangeable?
- DISPLAY - Should I protect my display from rain?
- CHARGER - How do I use the eVox charger?
- CHARGER - Can I recharge my battery using a conventional power outlet?
- CHARGER - Can I use a competitor’s charger (one not sold with the bike) to recharge my battery?
- ONLINE PURCHASES - How do you purchase an eVox online?
- ONLINE PURCHASES - Why can’t I have my eVox delivered directly to my home?
GENERAL - Can I add the DynaMe system to my bike?R:
Unfortunately, it is not possible to add our DynaMe system to other bikes. Our unique eVox electric bike propulsion system is integrated into a frame specifically designed to house the motor and belt
GENERAL - What is the difference between eVox electric bikes and other electric bikes on the market?R:
We developed the technology ourselves. That means we have the only electric bike on the market that recharges ultra-quickly and has unparalleled power allowing it to climb 15% inclines. It’s all made possible due to a 96 volt battery and a high-performance charger that we developed at our electric bicycle research centre in Saint-Georges, right here in Canada.
GENERAL - How does the extended warranty work?R:
Speak to your authorized dealer to obtain the warranty. They’ll be happy to register you on our site to provide you with peace of mind. Details about the extended warranty can be found here.
GENERAL - How long have you been making electric bikes?R:
Procycle is located in Saint-Georges, in the province of Quebec, and has been making bikes for almost 40 years. We have been developing electric technology since 2008, and we put the first eVox electric bike on the market in 2012.
GENERAL - Why is the maximum speed only 32 km/h?R:
Transport Canada regulates the maximum power of electric-assisted bicycles so that they can legally be considered bicycles. The regulations mean that you can ride your eVox electric bike on bike paths as well as on roads.
GENERAL - Can I leave my eVox outside during winter, too?R:
It is recommended that you store your eVox electric bike indoors, especially in winter, to avoid having rain and snow damage the bike’s electrical and mechanical components. If you can’t store you eVox indoors, make sure to cover it and to keep the battery and charger in a cool spot indoors.
GENERAL - Can the eVox be used when it’s raining?R:
All eVox components are protected against bad weather. However, it is recommended that you shelter your bike from the elements when it’s not in use. Also, having your eVox electric bike serviced each year by your authorized dealer will help keep all your bike’s components working properly.
GENERAL - Can my bike be repaired by any bicycle dealer?R:
No; eVox dealers have received training so that they understand how these bikes operate. They are most qualified to answer your questions and repair your eVox electric bike.
BATTERY - Do you have to wait until the battery is completely dead before recharging it?R:
No, you don’t have to wait until the battery is dead to recharge it. There is no battery memory effect.
BATTERY - Why is the recharge time so short?R:
We have developed a unique technology that combines our 96-volt battery with a high-efficiency charger, to allow for ultra-quick recharging. This saves you having to spend a lot of money on a second battery for long days of riding.
BATTERY - Does using my battery in the winter damage it?R:
When you ride your eVox in the winter, the range will be shorter depending on the air temperature. It is important to have a fully charged battery when you leave, so you can have a greater range. Note that the battery range returns to normal when the coldest period of winter is over (provided you store the battery indoors).
BATTERY - What is the lifespan of my eVox battery?R:
With average use, the lifespan of the eVox battery is approximately 800 full recharge cycles at 100% capacity. After that many cycles, the battery capacity may diminish by 10 to 20%, but the battery will remain functional.
BATTERY - How can I increase the range of my battery?R:
Battery range depends on several factors other than its power; but here are a few tips to help you get the maximum range from your eVox.
- Use Pedelec mode and pedal at an average speed.
- Check your tire pressure, since it will have an impact on your eVox’s range.
- You can choose to use the 780Wh battery, which provides greater range than our other models.
- Always make sure your battery is fully charged when leaving on long rides.
- Carry your charger with you so you can charge your battery during breaks.
BATTERY - What happens if I lose the keys to lock the battery? Can I make copies?R:
Make sure you take note of your key number, which is found right on the end of the metal part of the key. If you lose your keys, a qualified locksmith can duplicate your ABUS key using the key number.
You can visit ABUS's website to also order one.
MOTOR - Why do you need to pedal before the motor will start?R:
For safety reasons. We programmed this feature so you have full control of your eVox when you’re using it.
MOTOR - Can I obtain a more powerful motor?R:
We only have one model of motor; but the belt drive system gives the back wheel about 80 Nm of power, which allows you to climb 15% inclines with ease.
MOTOR - What maintenance do I have to perform on the motor?R:
The eVox motor requires almost no maintenance. To make sure everything is working properly, visit your authorized dealer each year for a full inspection.
DISPLAY - Are eVox displays interchangeable?R:
There are different eVox display models on the market. Therefore, you should visit your authorized eVox dealer if you have a problem with your display.
DISPLAY - Should I protect my display from rain?R:
The eVox display is resistant to any bad weather you may experience when riding. However, it is recommended that you cover the display when transporting your eVox on your car. Water could be forced inside the display when you’re traveling at high speeds.
CHARGER - How do I use the eVox charger?R:
The charger has two indicator lights. The first LED indicates that the charger is on (RED), and the second LED indicates the charge status of the battery. RED means the battery is recharging, and GREEN means the battery is fully charged.
CHARGER - Can I recharge my battery using a conventional power outlet?R:
Yes, the charger included with the purchase of a bike plugs into a 110-volt outlet, the kind found in homes
CHARGER - Can I use a competitor’s charger (one not sold with the bike) to recharge my battery?R:
No. The cell technology of the DynaMe system must be used with our charger to work. To avoid damaging the battery and the charger, always use the charger that comes with your eVox to recharge your battery.
ONLINE PURCHASES - How do you purchase an eVox online?R:
It's simple and easy, and there are only a few steps.
- Select the eVox of your choice and click “ADD TO CART.” You can add an extended warranty on the next page, if you so choose.
- Fill out the billing information form.
- Select whichever authorized dealer you prefer, for picking up your electric bike.
- This dealer with contact you in the following days (allow three to four days) to let you know that your electric bike is available for pick up.
ONLINE PURCHASES - Why can’t I have my eVox delivered directly to my home?R:
Each eVox dealer receives training on selling, assembling and repairing eVox bikes. The dealer will make sure that your electric bike is assembled properly and safely.
You will therefore benefit from professional service from an authorized dealer to answer all your questions, to perform annual maintenance on your new eVox electric bike and to ensure it runs properly for years to come.